Dead On Arrival (DOA) Policy & Terms
DOA PRODUCT DEFINITION
A product will be covered under the DOA policy if:
- It is shipped incomplete – missing items from the carton
- It is found to be damaged on receipt (only when using GVISION’s own carriers)
- Fails electrically or mechanically due to manufacturing defects within the DOA timescale.
- The End User is to inform RMA department at 949-586-3338 or send an email to RMA@GVISION-USA.COM. Authorization to return the unit will be in the form of an RMA document, which can be obtained on our website – RMA section. After authorization, the DOA unit(s) are to be returned to the specified address unless otherwise specified on the RMA document.
- Product is to be accompanied with paperwork and RMA # to explain the reason for the DOA return.
- Upon receipt, GVISION will validate the reported DOA product against the returned unit. For example, it must be the same unit serial number, and be complete, packaged, with user manual, paper guide, power cord etc.
- FOR INTERNATIONAL END USERS: All units shipped outside of USA must pass a 48-hour burn-in and Out Door Quality (ODQ) inspection. Therefore, GVISION USA is not responsible for international DOA return shipping.
- The DOA period is for a maximum of 14 days from the date of supply (shipment) to the End User. The End User will be provided with a credit on receipt and validation of the returned DOA unit.
- Return unit(s) must be packaged identically to the manner in which they were delivered and should include correct outer carton, internal protection dampers and any ancillary items packaged safely including manuals and any ribbons, even if partially used.
- If 14 (fourteen) days have gone by since the DELIVERED DATE, this DOA policy does not apply.
- The DOA policy applies only to the first End User of the item and is NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- This DOA policy also does not apply to any products on which the original identification information (such as the product serial number) has been altered, obliterated or removed, or has been sold as second-hand.
- Time to repair or replace – in all cases of DOA claim, GVISION shall have 10-days (excluding all related shipping/transit times) from the date that the item is received by GVISION to repair or replace the defective item. If not, GVision-USA Inc will refund the payment.
- Once your return is received and inspected, a confirmation email will be sent to the contact email listed to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your DOA claim.
- The granting of an exchange, is at the sole discretion of GVISION and the decision of GVISION in this respect is final.
- Returned DOA product carriage cost etc. will be covered by GVision-USA Inc, but not for any international DOA since we QC before shipment. It is buyer’s responsibility to check if there is any shipping damage before receiving.
- Excluded items and invalidation – This DOA policy does not cover defects caused by:
- Improper maintenance
- Improper storage
- Installation not in accordance with GVISION ’s printed installation instructions
- Impact or other force, whether prior or subsequent to installation
- Fire, lightning, hurricanes, tornadoes, or other extreme weather or other acts of God
- Contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat or foodstuff
- Excessive electrical supply
- Abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions
- Unauthorized disassembly, repair or modification